Today’s post is a quick one, but I wanted to share these tasty cinnamon and sugar roasted chickpeas that I made the other day. I have made savory roasted chickpeas before, but I had a bit of a sweet tooth the last few days, so I decided to make a cinnamon and sugar version. The ingredients for this snack are things that many of us have around the house. Make a batch this weekend and let me know what you think!
Cinnamon & Sugar Roasted Chickpeas
Makes About 1 Cup
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- one 15-ounce can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBS maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 TBS pure cane sugar (or any other sugar), add more if necessary
- Preheat oven to 425º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Place the chickpeas between two sheets of paper towels and rub them gently to absorb the excess water. Pick out any loosened skin from the chickpeas. Don’t worry if you can’t get all of them out.
- Pour the dried chickpeas into a small bowl and mix in the olive oil, maple syrup, and cinnamon until well incorporated.
- Place the chickpeas on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, give the chickpeas a quick stir. Continue baking the chickpeas at 3-4 minute increments. When they are browned and look quite dried, take them out of the oven. The longer you leave them in the oven, the crunchier they will be, but be careful not to burn the chickpeas!
- Let them cool for a few minutes and sprinkle the sugar on the roasted chickpeas. Enjoy!
Q: What are your favorite snacks to make?