Cajun Seasoning with Porcini Mushrooms
- Author: Lisa Lin
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 0.33 ounces (10g) dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cracked pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add the porcini mushrooms to a spice/coffee grinder and blend until the mushrooms turn into a powder. Empty the powder into a bowl.
- Add the thyme and oregano to the grinder and grind until the herbs are a fine powder. Empty the powdered herbs into a bowl.
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cracked pepper and cayenne pepper to the bowl with the other powders. Stir until well combined.
- If you want a spicier seasoning, add another 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- I used an electric coffee grinder to grind the spices.
- To make this seasoning into a salted blend, add 2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons of kosher salt to the mix.