Easy Ginger Spiced Granola with Ancient Grains
This ginger spiced granola is super easy to make and way better than store bought. The prep is done all in one bowl! Makes about 3 1/2 cups. Recipe lightly adapted from The Pretty Bee.
- Category: gluten-free, vegan, breakfast
- Use about 3 1/2 cups of your favorite blend of oats, nuts, and grains. Here’s what I used:
- 1 1/2 cup (120g) rolled oats (use gf oats if gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup (30g) sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup (50g) pecan halves
- 1/3 cup (20g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup (20g) unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 TBS millet
- 3 TBS buckwheat groats
- 1 1/2 to 2 TBS finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 1/2 to 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup (45g) vegan buttery spread, melted (coconut oil works also)
- 1/3 cup (80ml) maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, almonds, pecans, pumpkin seeds, coconut, millet, buckwheat groats, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, and ground ginger together.
- Add the melted vegan buttery spread and maple syrup to the bowl and stir until well incorporated.
- Spread the granola on the baking sheet into a thin later. If you want clusters, make sure that the granola is somewhat stuck together. You don’t want big gaping holes in that layer of granola.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Rotate the pan. If you want clusters, DO NOT stir the granola. Bake for another 25 to 30 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown.
- Let the granola cool for 30 minutes before breaking it up.
- Store in room temperature in an airtight container.