Easy Slow Cooker Chipotle Chicken Chili
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: gluten free, soup, appetizer
- 2 cups (475ml) chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds (565g) chicken breasts
- one 15-ounce can Hunt’s tomato sauce
- one 14-ounce can Hunt’s diced tomatoes
- one 15-ounce can black beans
- one 15-ounce can pinto beans
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 1/2 lb; 225g)
- 1 cup (150g) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- chopped cilantro for topping
- Open the cans of beans. Drain liquid from the can and give the beans a good rinse. Set aside.
- Peel sweet potato and chop into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place all ingredients (except the lime juice and cilantro) into a slow cooker. Set slow cooker on low and the cooking time to 8 hours.
- When you are ready to eat the chili, scoop out the chicken breast. Using a fork, shred the meat. Add the meat back to the chili again and stir.
- Serve in bowls and top with cilantro and a squeeze of lime juice if you like. Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container.