NUTRITION INFORMATION: Amount Per Serving: Calories: 404, Total Fat 33.6g, Saturated Fat: 17g, Cholesterol: 18mg, Sodium: 1480mg, Total Carbohydrate: 15.3g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 8.5g, Protein 12.8g
- I used store-bought paneer for this recipe because it is sturdier. You can also use homemade paneer.
- I don’t recommend using Greek yogurt because it isn’t runny enough.
- If you don’t have fresh tomatoes, you can use 2 1/2 cups crushed or diced tomatoes (about 2/3 of a large can of tomatoes). Note that canned tomatoes tend to be more acidic than fresh tomatoes. As a result, you many need to add 1 or 2 more teaspoons of sugar to balance out the acidity.
- I purposely added the cayenne pepper in the end because this gives the dish spice without it being overly fiery. If you simmer the tomatoes with cayenne pepper at the beginning, the spiciness will be much more intense.
- If you want more sauce, you can add a 1/4 cup more water as you simmer the tomatoes. Note that you’ll add to need a bit more salt so that the sauce doesn’t taste watered down.