Five-Ingredient Fridays: Stuffed Mini Peppers
Makes 24 stuffed peppers.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 12 mini peppers
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 3 oz (85g) ham, finely diced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated (43g) smoked gouda
- Preheat the oven to 385 degrees F (196 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cut the tops off the peppers, and slice it in half. Remove any seeds inside.
- In a small bowl, mix the zucchini, ham, and scallions. Scoop some of the mixture onto a half mini pepper, and place the stuffed peppers on the baking sheet. Repeat until all the peppers are full.
- Top the stuffed peppers with a pinch of the gouda.
- Bake for about 13-15 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Let the peppers cool for a few minutes and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
This recipe should also work well with jalapeño peppers.