NUTRITION INFORMATION: Yields 4 servings. Amount per serving: Calories: 315, Total Fat 13.5g, Saturated Fat: 6.4g, Sodium: 7662mg, Cholesterol: 0mg, Total Carbohydrate: 52.6g, Dietary Fiber: 6.4g, Sugar: 10.2g, Protein 5.5g
- Use 2 stalks of lemongrass if they are nice and thick (the bottom of the stalk is about 3/4 to 1 inch wide); use 3 stalks if they are thinner.
- Olive oil, canola, or safflower oil works for this too.
- The soup won’t be too spicy when you add the two Thai chilis. Rather, you’ll feel a tiny bit of heat in the back of your throat as you eat the soup. Feel free to leave it out completely or add a few more to suit your taste.
- At the supermarket, pick a squash that is somewhere between 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 pounds.
- My original recipe used 1 cup of soy milk instead of coconut milk. If you don’t like the flavor of coconut milk, add the soy milk instead. The soup will be slightly more runny but not by much.