Easy Green Curry Noodles
In this recipe, I use a high-speed blender to blend all the ingredients for the curry broth. Check the notes for instructions on how to make the broth with a food processor or an immersion blender.
Feel free to serve the noodles with additional vegetables or protein.
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, add more to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup mint
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large shallot, chopped into large chunks**
- 12 ounces flat rice noodles
Add the broth, coconut milk, curry paste, salt, basil, mint, cilantro, garlic, and shallots into a high speed blender, in that order. Blend until smooth.
Transfer the broth to a small pot and bring it to boil. Then, simmer on low as you cook the noodles.
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the noodles for 4 to 7 minutes, depending on the type of noodles you are using. Vermicelli cooks very quickly while wider flat rice noodles take more time. Stir the noodles occasionally to keep them from sticking together. Drain the noodles and rinse under cold water.
Divide the noodles into four bowls and ladle some broth over the noodles. Stir the noodles with the broth and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Amount per serving: Calories: 428, Total Fat 8.6g, Saturated Fat: 7.3g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 900mg, Total Carbohydrate: 79g, Dietary Fiber: 3.2g, Sugar: 4g, Protein 7.4g
- *For a lighter broth, use light coconut milk.
- **You should get about 2/3 to 3/4 cup of the shallots when they're chopped into chunks.
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, here are some alternative methods for making the curry broth. Food processor: Add the coconut milk, curry paste, salt, basil, mint, cilantro, garlic, and shallots to your food processor and blend until you get a paste. Transfer the paste to a pot, add the broth, and stir to combine. Immersion blender: First, roughly chop the herbs, garlic, and shallots. Then, add all the ingredients (except the noodles) into a pot and blend with an immersion blender.
Tag @hellolisalin or leave a star rating and comment on the blog!