Peach Cherry and Blueberry Crumble
Juicy peaches, cherries, and blueberries are topped with a light, crisp oatmeal streusel. Add a scoop of ice cream on the side, and you'll have the ultimate summer treat! Serves 4 to 6.
- 2 medium peaches, pitted and chopped (about 8oz./225g)
- 1 cup pitted and halved cherries, about 150g
- 1/2 cup blueberries, 100g
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground cardamom, optional
- 1 1/3 cups (125g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (55g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (60g) light muscovado sugar (or sub with light brown sugar)
- 5 TBS coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a cast-iron skillet or a pie dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, toss the fruit filling ingredients. Spread the fruit in the skillet or pie dish.
In another medium bowl, mix the oat streusel ingredients together. I used my hands to mix and squeeze the ingredients together, so that I can get more clumps in the topping. Spread oat mixture over the fruit until the entire surface is covered.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the fruit juices are bubbling.
Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy with some ice cream!
1. Loosely adapted from Green Kitchen Stories.[br][br]2. You can use frozen fruit to make the crumble. Just be sure to thaw the fruits and make sure that you squeeze out the excess water in the fruits.[br][br]3. To melt coconut oil, I usually stick it in the microwave for 20 seconds. Tag @hellolisalin or leave a star rating and comment on the blog!