Loaded Breakfast Nachos
This epic breakfast nachos dish is loaded with black beans, corn, cheese, salsa, fried eggs, avocado, and a spiced yogurt sauce. The best part is that the nachos are ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 (15-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons shichimi togarashi, (see note 1)
- 5 cups tortilla chips, divided
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded skim mozzarella
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for frying eggs and greasing pan
Chili Yogurt Sauce
- 2/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sambal oelek, (see note 2)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 large avocado, sliced
- pico de gallo or your favorite salsa
Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Position an oven rack to the center position.
In a small bowl, mix the black beans with the shichimi togarashi. Set the beans aside.
Lightly grease a large 12-inch cast-iron or oven-proof skillet. Spread 4 cups of tortilla chips over the skillet. Top with half of the corn, black beans, and cheese. Layer the remaining chips, corn, black beans, and cheese on top. Bake the nachos for about 15 minutes, until the cheese has melted and starts to brown.
While the nachos are baking prepare the chili yogurt sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl. Set it aside.
Swirl 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry 2 to 4 eggs for several minutes, until the egg whites are cooked.
Remove the nachos from the oven. Top the nachos with the eggs, yogurt sauce, pico de gallo, and sliced avocados. Serve immediately.
- Substitution for shichimi togarashi - you can replace this with 3/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic or onion powder and a pinch of sesame seeds
- Substitution for sambal oelek: you can replace this with your favorite hot sauce.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 532kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 557mg | Fiber: 9.7g | Sugar: 7g
Tag @hellolisalin or leave a star rating and comment on the blog!