I have never made roasted radishes before but was inspired to do so when I saw a recipe for roasted radishes with chives on With Food and Love. I decided to pair the roasted radishes with some zucchini noodles and orange bell peppers to give my dish some added color.
Fresh Zucchini Noodles with Roasted Radishes
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 medium orange pepper, sliced
- 1/3 cup yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1 TBS fresh sage, chopped
- 1 TBS fresh basil, chopped
- 1 large bunch of red or French breakfast radishes
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Chop off the greens and roots of the radishes and rinse and scrub them thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, toss the radishes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the garlic powder, and a dash of salt.
- Spread the radishes on the baking sheet and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the radishes are roasting, prepare the zucchini noodles. Rinse and chop off both ends of the zucchini. Using Blade B, spiralize the zucchini.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions until they start to turn translucent. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Bring the heat down to medium and mix in the zucchini noodles and orange peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes. Toss in the chopped sage and basil and season with salt and pepper. Remove the noodles from heat. Plate them in small bowls.
- Once the radishes are browned, remove them from the oven. Top the zucchini noodles with the roasted radishes.
Q: What kind of spring-inspired dishes are you cooking?