Here’s a dessert I’ve been LOVING lately: vegan mango pineapple mousse! What is the secret to making this mousse vegan? Silken tofu!! Some of you might remember the savory 10-minute tofu appetizer that I made several weeks ago. Well, I wanted to highlight the versatility of silken tofu by making a sweet treat out of it. The mousse is delicious and incredibly light and goes great with any toppings!
I’m used thawed frozen fruit for this recipe because that’s what I had on hand. However, this recipe works with fresh fruits, too! I usually thaw the fruits very quickly by submerging them in warm (but not boiling hot) water for about 5 minutes.
Vegan Mango Pineapple Mousse
- 1 14-ounce (400g) package of silken or soft tofu
- 2 cups frozen mango, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, thawed
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Drain the water in the tofu package and give the tofu a quick rinse.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until everything is well incorporated. Taste and see if the sweetness is to your liking. Add more maple syrup if necessary.
- Pour the mousse in a bowl and serve with your favorite toppings!