Remember how I posted a recipe for a vegan mango and pineapple mousse last Friday? I loved it so much that I decided to create another version of it with berries and mangoes. I created this recipe for my “Taste the Rainbow” series at Fiterazzi Magazine, and the idea is to create a recipe that is inspired by each color of the rainbow. For the color red, I made this berry and mango mousse. Visit Fiterazzi for the original post or any of the other posts I have written for the magazine. There are also a ton of great articles about healthy living, so check them out!
Vegan Berry & Mango Mousse
Makes About 4-5 Cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: None
- 1 14-ounce package of soft or silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup mangoes, fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 TBS maple syrup (add more if necessary)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Drain water in the tofu package and give the tofu a quick rinse. Place the tofu in a blender.
2. Add the fruit to the blender. Use frozen fruit if you want a colder treat.
3. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract and blend until everything is well incorporated.
4. Serve the mousse in bowls or large cups. Enjoy the mousse on its own or with your favorite toppings.