You don’t want to be around me when I’m hangry. I’m irritable, impatient, and can’t focus on anything but food. (Any other time, I’m easy-going and cheerful though!) So on those days when I don’t give a hoot about spending time in the kitchen to feed myself, I make one of my 5-minute meals.
I always have tortillas/wraps, deli meat, and cheese lying around the house to be prepared for moments when hunger strikes. There’s nothing easier than dumping a bunch of ingredients in a wrap and rolling it up for immediate consumption. But earlier this week, I realized that I could also whip up a scrumptious quesadilla in just 5-minutes!
The key, I’d say, is all in the cheese. Good cheese go a long way in flavoring a quesadilla. The Gruyère in this quesadilla was so perfect that I didn’t even bother adding other seasonings in there. The best thing is that these quesadillas work well for lunch, too! Just pop it in the microwave to get the cheese melty again, and BOOM! You get a lunch that your taste buds will thank you for.
5-Minute Chicken Quesadilla
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyère cheese, any other cheese works also
- 3 ounces sliced deli chicken breast, any other deli meat works also
- 1/4 cup baby spinach, about a pinch of spinach leaves
- 1/2 medium gala apple
- salsa for topping, optional
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. While the skillet is heating, grate the Gruyère until you get about 1/3 cup. Bonus points for you if you already have your cheese shredded.
- Place the tortilla in the pan. Spread the cheese onto one half of the tortilla. On the other half, layer the deli meat and and then the spinach.
- While the quesadilla is cooking, slice the apple into thin slices. Place the sliced apples on top of the spinach.
- When the Gruyère has melted and the tortilla starts to bubble (about 1-2 minutes), fold the cheesy half on top of the other half.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy!
On a random note, how did the word “hangry” become a thing??
What are your favorite easy meals?
Leave a Reply