Soft date and walnut bites with a splash of Kahlúa. A great little snack that packs an extra punch.
Date balls. I’m so glad I discovered these things earlier this year because they’re one of my favorite snacks to make. Pulse, roll, eat. Easy peasy. The fun only gets better when you add a splash of alcohol. I have a bottle of Kahlúa lying around the house, and I’m not afraid to use it.
I whipped up a batch of these Kahlúa bites because I needed to take a break from chocolate. I can’t believe I just said that. Sometimes, even a chocoholic like me needs to take a step back. Don’t worry, there’s still some cocoa powder in here. It’s me, after all.
I initially planned to share this five-ingredient recipe this past Friday. But after 12+ hours of sitting on an airplane with barely any space to use my computer, and a bright airplane tv screen that kept me awake the entire time, I couldn’t muster enough energy to write anything for Friday. I hope you’ll forgive me!
Like a said, date balls are super easy to make, and these Kahlúa bites are no exception. All you need to do is pit a whole bunch of medjool dates, pulse it with a few other ingredients, roll, and you’re done!
After you’ve shaped them into a ball, you’re going to give it a nice roll in some cocoa powder . . .
Or some crushed candy cane if you’re feeling festive.
I’ve only added 3 tablespoons of Kahlúa in these bites, and that was enough for me to taste the liqueur. Of course, if you’re looking for something slightly more boozy, feel free to add a tiny splash of Kahlúa.Print
Kahlua Coconut Bites
Makes around 20-22 bites
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Category: snack, dessert, vegan, gluten free
- 2 cups (310g) pitted medjool dates
- 1 and 1/2 cup (165g) walnut halves
- 1/4 cup (20g) shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 TBS Kahlúa
- about 5 to 6 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling snack bites
- Pulse the medjool dates, walnuts, coconut and Kahlúa in a food processor until you get pretty small crumbs.
- Empty everything into a bowl. Shape a bit of the mixture into 1-inch balls. Pour the cocoa powder into a small bowl. Roll the snack bites in the cocoa powder.
- Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
If you want to use candy canes for rolling the snack bites in, crush about 3 large candy canes.
Looking for more snack bite recipes?