Date balls. I’m so glad I discovered these things earlier this year because they’re one of my favorite snacks to make. Pulse, roll, eat. Easy peasy. The fun only gets better when you add a splash of alcohol. I have a bottle of Kahlua lying around the house, and I’m not afraid to use it.
I whipped up a batch of these Kahlua coconut snack bites because I needed to take a break from snacking on chocolate.
After you’ve shaped them the Kahlua coconut snack bites into small balls, you’re going to give it a nice roll in some cocoa powder . . .
Or some crushed candy cane if you’re feeling festive.
I’ve only added 3 tablespoons of Kahlua in these bites, and that was enough for me to taste the liqueur. Of course, if you’re looking for something slightly more boozy, feel free to add a tiny splash of Kahlúa.
MORE SNACK BITES
Five-Ingredient Kahlua Coconut Bites
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates (310g)
- 1 1/2 walnut halves (165g)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (20g)
- 3 tablespoons Kahlúa
- 5 to 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder for rolling
- Pulse the medjool dates, walnuts, coconut and Kahlúa in a food processor until you get pretty small crumbs.
- Empty everything into a bowl. Shape a bit of the mixture into 1-inch balls. Pour the cocoa powder into a small bowl. Roll the snack bites in the cocoa powder.
- Enjoy immediately and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply