This vegan red curry naan pizza is topped with my favorite summer vegetables: corn, zucchini and tomatoes. All it takes is just 25 minutes!
Like most people, I often struggle with weeknight dinners. What can I cook that’ll be ready in 30 minutes from start to finish? I keep packages of naan around the house to make quick thin-crust pizzas on weeknights. Naan are usually quite thin, so they crisp up easily in a hot oven.
This pizza was made with leftover red curry paste, tomato sauce and bits of vegetables that I found in my fridge. It may seem a bit odd to mix red curry with tomato sauce for the pizza base, but the flavors go together surprisingly well.
MASTERING MY MISTAKES / COOKING NOTES
- Failed attempts: I tried mixing the curry paste with coconut milk once, but the sauce was way too runny for pizza. I also tried spreading the curry paste alone on the pizza, and the curry was too overpowering.
- Variations: Given the flavor of the sauce, I didn’t think the pizza needed any cheese, but feel free to add some if you want. I’ve also made a version with strips of prosciutto scattered about, which tasted delicious as well.
Leftovers: Summer Red Curry Naan Pizza (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 Pizzas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- corn kernels from 1 ear of corn (about 1 to 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini (sliced into half moons)
- 1/3 cup sliced bell pepper or any sweet pepper
- 2 naan (I used a whole grain naan)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- chopped basil and scallions for topping
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Place an oven rack in the center position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan. Add the corn, zucchini and peppers and cook them for 3 to 4 minutes, until they soften. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mix the curry paste, tomato sauce and garlic powder together. Spread half of the sauce over each naan. Sprinkle the vegetables over the naan. Top both pizzas with some cherry tomatoes.
- Transfer the pizzas to the lined baking sheet and bake for 10 to 13 minutes, until the edges of the pizza start to brown.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and sprinkle chopped basil and scallions over the pizzas. Slice and serve.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Amount Per Pizza: Calories: 540, Total Fat 11.8g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 1178.5mg, Cholesterol: 10.5mg, Total Carbohydrate: 83.5g, Dietary Fiber: 12.4g, Sugar: 11g, Protein 15g