This delicious yogurt parfait is filled with pumpkin pie flavors. Yes, we can have pumpkin pie for breakfast!
Want in on a secret? I eat pumpkin pie year-round. Yup! I have it for breakfast all the time in the form of a parfait or overnight oats. Those cans of pumpkin puree and I are total BFFs in the kitchen.
It all started last year when I was feeling a bit of pumpkin pie nostalgia in the month of March. I just didn’t get enough of it over the holidays. One morning, I dumped a dollop of pumpkin puree and mixed it with another dollop of Greek yogurt. The rest was history.
Tomorrow night, I will be sitting in the bleachers cheering on my Giants. It will be cold. As I learned the last time I was at the ballpark, never wear Toms without socks for a night game. Ever. Let’s just hope that all the cups of overpriced hot chocolate I consume during the game will be enough to keep me warm.
Here’s my game plan: start the day by having something orange for breakfast (i.e., this pumpkin pie yogurt parfait), wear my Giants sweater, and sport my neon orange training shoes to the game. Surely, all that orange will bring good mojo to the Giants, right?
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Parfait
- 1/2 cup (120g) pumpkin puree
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground cinnamon, adjust according to your taste
- 2/3 cup (150g) low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup granola
- sliced strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the pumpkin puree with the maple syrup and cinnamon.
- Serve the parfait in a glass, alternating between pumpkin, yogurt, and granola layers. Top with some fruit if desired.
Leave a Reply