I was finding excuses to slather the ganache onto anything. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Flourless Brownie Recipe
- 1 15-oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 TBS milk, any kind
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground coffee, optional
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a square baking pan (either 8×8 inches or 9×9 inches). I used an 8×8 inches pan.
- Place all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor and blend.
- When the batter looks like a thick mousse, empty all contents into a medium-sized bowl.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into greased pan and place in the oven. If you are using an 8×8 inches pan, bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when you pierce the brownies. If you are using a 9×9 inches pan, bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool before cutting them into squares.
- Because I used an 8×8 inches pan, the brownies were thicker and more crumbly. I think they would have been easier to pick up and eat if I had used a 9×9 inches pan.
- You can use any type of sugar that you want. I used coconut sugar only because I have been experimenting with it lately.
You can pair the ganache with brownies, cakes, cupcakes, or cookies!
Skinny Mint Chocolate Ganache Recipe
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 TBS honey
- Heat the coconut milk in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- When the coconut milk starts to boil, turn off the stove and remove the saucepan from heat.
- Empty the chocolate chips, peppermint extract, and honey in the milk and stir until the chocolate chips are melted and everything is well blended.
- Enjoy over your favorite desserts!
- Store leftover ganache in the refrigerator. Reheat the ganache before using it again.
- Initially, I made the ganache without honey but found that it wasn’t sweet enough. After adding a tiny bit of honey, the flavor picked up instantly. The honey is completely optional.
Give yourself a treat this weekend, and try these brownie and ganache recipes. Let me know how it turns out!