- 1/2 head of cauliflower, florets only
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 3 TBS almond meal
- 2 TBS organic corn meal
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- salt and pepper, to taste
- dried herbs, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease two cookie sheets.
- Fill a saucepan up with 2 to 3 inches of water, and bring it to boil. Once the water is boiled, place the cauliflower florets in the saucepan. Cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the boiled water from the saucepan and run the cauliflower under cold water.
- Put the cauliflower, cheese, onions, and parsley in a food processor and mix until everything is finely chopped.
- Empty the cauliflower mixture into a bowl and stir in the egg and egg white.
- Add the almond meal, corn meal, chia seeds, salt, pepper, and any dried herbs, and fold everything into the cauliflower mixture.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of the mixture and place it on the cookie sheet. Flatten the mixture into small medallions.
- Once all the mixture is placed on the cookie sheets, place the sheets into the oven.
- Bake for about 16 to 20 minutes and flip the medallions halfway through the baking.
- Remove the medallions from the oven when they are golden brown.
Looking for more appetizer ideas?