Maybe it’s the sunshine, but I wanted to be a bit more playful with my food yesterday. Here was my most recent creation:
Potato Noodle Cakes
- 2 medium-sized yukon potatoes, about 2 1/2 – 3 cups
- 1 large sweet potato, about 2 1/2 – 3 cups
- 1/3 cup yellow onions, diced
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried basil
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease one or two muffin pans with olive oil or cooking spray. Be sure to grease the cups liberally, as this will help the cakes come out more cleanly.
- Peel the sweet potato. I like to leave the skin on for yukon potatoes, but feel free to peel them.
- Using a spiralizer or a julienne peeler, cut the potatoes into noodles. Place the noodles in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients into the bowl.
- Fill each of the muffin cups with the potato noodles and place into the oven.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the potato noodles start to brown.
Feel free to experiment with other herbs in these potato cakes.