This easy pomegranate apple cider spritzer is made with 5 ingredients and is perfect for parties!
When my sister asked me to host our family Thanksgiving dinner this year, I really had no idea what I was in for. I usually cook for two, not fourteen people. I don’t think I even own fourteen plates! Planning the menu is a struggle. All I have penciled in are the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and a pie for the traditional Thanksgiving fare. I still haven’t figured out any Mama Lin friendly foods (i.e., Chinese food) or dishes that my niece and nephews would eat. Young ones are picky with their food!
Eek! I was in desperate need for a drink, and that’s how this pomegranate apple cider spritzer happened.
This fruity delight packs quite the punch, but it’s also something that I know my family will enjoy. Mama Lin always boasts that she has a good tolerance for alcohol, but to be honest, I’ve never seen her drink. Come Thanksgiving time, operation Tipsy Mama Lin is a go, and I hope she enjoys this little spritzer as much as I do!
MASTERING MY MISTAKES / COOKING NOTES
- Use Limes, Not Lemons: As I was testing many batches of this drink (and getting everyone buzzed along the way), I decided to make a version with lemon juice instead of lime juice. My friends and I much preferred the version with lime juice because it added an element of sour that the drink needed.
- Use Fresh Pomegranate Juice, If Possible: Let’s take advantage of fresh pomegranates while they’re in season! The drink is much more refreshing when you use fresh juice, and the bottled versions tend to have added sugar in them. Making your own juice is easier than you think! Just follow my tutorial on how to make fresh pomegranate juice. Note that 5 large pomegranates will yield about 2 cups of juice. Here’s a video, tutorial, too!
- Simple Syrup: Initially, I planned to add cinnamon simple syrup into this drink, but everyone commented that it made the drink too sweet. If any of you experiment with adding simple syrup, let me know!
- OXO Steel Cocktail Shaker: There are definitely cheaper shakers out there, but I like that this one has a built-in strainer and jigger measurements etched in the cap.
WANT MORE TO DRINK?
- Red Zinger Beet Smoothie (One of my favorites! Ingredients list is a bit long, but worth it!)
- Cherry Lime Red Beet Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Mango Smoothie
- Orange Mint Coconut Water
Pomegranate Apple Cider Spritzer
This recipe serves 2. You can easily double or even triple the ingredients to create a larger batch for parties.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 drinks
- 1/2 cup (120ml) pomegranate juice (fresh or bottled)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened apple cider
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 ounces (90ml) vodka
- ice cubes
- 1/3 cup (155ml) club soda
- sprigs of rosemary for garnish (optional)
- Place a few ice cubes in a shaker. Pour in pomegranate juice, apple cider, lime juice, and vodka. Shake vigorously.
- Strain into two glasses and top each drink with half of the club soda. Garnish with fresh sprigs of rosemary.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Amount per drink: Calories: 150, Total Fat 0.2g, Saturated Fat: 0.1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 7.7mg, Total Carbohydrate: 13.2g, Dietary Fiber: 0.2g, Sugar: 11.3g, Protein 0.2g