This sweet potato mango smoothie is packed with nutrition and perfect for breakfast!
Okay, the sweet potato might sound a bit weird, but tastes great in a smoothie. Not only does it naturally sweeten the smoothie, but gives me a big shot of Vitamin A into my system. The mango is there to add a tropical touch to the smoothie because my mind is always on summer mode. You’ll be surprised how well the mango chunks compliment the sweet potato. For those of you who’ve been drinking green smoothies a lot lately, this is a great way to break up your routine.
Whether you need this smoothie to energize you in the morning or keep you going in the afternoon, this smoothie recipe is definitely something you want to keep in your back pocket!
TOOLS + INGREDIENTS USED
- Using the right blender: If you’re going to commit to drinking smoothies a few times a week, I highly recommend getting a high-speed blender. I used to make smoothies with a cheap blender, and I never quite got the consistency that I wanted. Currently, I use a Vitamix, but the Nutri Ninja served me very well for a long time and it’s less expensive than the Vitamix)
- Chia seeds: Great for adding omega-3 fatty acids into your meals.
WANT MORE SMOOTHIES + DETOX DRINKS?
- Red Beet Power Smoothie
- Cherry Lime Red Beet Smoothie
- Red Zinger Beet Smoothie:
- Pumpkin Banana Smoothie
- Orange Mint Coconut Water
Sweet Potato Mango Smoothie
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 small smoothies 1x
- Category: drinks, breakfast
- 1 small cooked sweet potato (about 1/2 cup smashed)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen mango chunks (small handful)
- 1 1/3 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage (not the kind in a can)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup (honey works also)
- ice cubes (optional)
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into 2 glasses. You can also make this ahead and refrigerate the smoothie in a jar overnight.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Makes 2 drinks. Amount per serving: Calories: 153, Total Fat 3.7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 169mg, Total Carbohydrate: 27.5g, Dietary Fiber: 6.8g, Sugar: 8g, Protein 3.5g
- SUBSTITUTIONS: You can also replace the coconut milk beverage with almond milk, soy milk, or any kind of milk you prefer.