Come Saturday, I will be roaming the streets of Portland, desperately trying to find a place to eat. A place far away from the Valentine’s crowd. Any rabbit’s foot/horseshoe/red envelope luck you want to send my way would be much appreciated!
I’m making it sound like I’m dreading this trip. Au contraire! You see, I was born in Portland, but I’ve never been back for a visit. Ever. I promise it’s not because I’m allergic to Portlandia. There’s just too many places I had to cross off my bucket list first. But this weekend, we’re going to make it happen. Let’s welcome this big 3-day food excursion with open arms.
But for those of you who are going to be sticking around the house on Valentine’s day, here’s some guilt-free recipes brought to you by yours truly and some of my blogger friends! Make these for your other half, your friends, heck, even for yourself! We could all use a bit of pampering.
1) Banana Marble Muffins | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
2) Healthy Colorful Breakfast Wrap | Omnivore’s Cookbook
A colorful dish that contains avocado, egg, shrimp and tomato. Paring it with a glass of sparkling wine and enjoy a relaxing brunch.
3) Strawberry Shortcake Protein Pancakes | Vitamin Sunshine
Delicious and moist high-protein strawberry pancakes, topped with more strawberries and whipped cream! A healthy and beautiful breakfast treat.
4) Mini Shrimp Guacamole Sandwiches | Omnivore’s Cookbook
5) Leek and Wild Mushroom Flatbread with Truffle Oil | Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
Truffle oil and wild mushrooms turn this flatbread into a luxurious lunch dish.
6) Coconut Bulgur & Butternut Squash Bowl | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
A hearty vegan bulgur bowl filled with juicy butternut squash pieces, wilted spinach, and toasted coconut.
7) Strawberry Avocado Toast with Chocolate Drizzle | Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
8) Coconut Kahlúa Hot Chocolate | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
9) Hazelnut Hot Cocoa | Vitamin Sunshine
A vegan hot cocoa with made with luxurious hazelnut milk!
10) Bubble Milk Tea | Omnivore’s Cookbook
The freshly brewed black tea is mixed with milk and honey. The sweet little tapioca pearls make it a rich and fulfilling drink.
11) Asparagus & Ricotta Crostini | Simply Fresh Dinners
12) Macaroni and Cheese Prosciutto Bites | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
Macaroni and cheese baked into prosciutto – the best comfort food!
SOUPS & SALADS
13) Roasted Orange Rainbow Salad with Asian Orange Vinaigrette | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
14) Roasted Vegetables with Balsamic Glaze | Omnivore’s Cookbook
This roasted vegetable dish is like an edible rainbow. It has beautiful colors that will brighten your mood. Use a bit of truffle infused balsamic glaze to make the dish special.
15) Thai Coconut Soup with Fish Ball | Omnivore’s Cookbook
16) Laksa | Simply Fresh Dinners
Simple, hearty and delicious. You’ll impress your partner with your culinary skills when you present this exotic meal.
17) Apple Sage Chicken Meatloaf + Mashed Cauliflower | Vitamin Sunshine
Forget the ketchup and breadcrumbs. This meatloaf is lean, thanks to the chicken breasts, and elegant, thanks to the fried sage and delicious mustard-apple glaze.
18) Mediterranean Salmon | Simply Fresh Dinners
Keep it healthy and romantic without breaking the bank. This restaurant quality meal is a winner every time.
19) African Chicken | Omnivore’s Cookbook
20) Strawberry Pasta | Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
Nothing says romance like strawberries and this spaghetti says it all. The strawberries add just a touch of sweetness to a simple dish.
21) Grilled Banana Nutella Sandwich | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
22) Chocolate Lava Cake | Healthy Recipe Ecstasy
Nothing’s more decadent for a romantic evening than a lava cake that oozes hot gooey chocolate.
23) Chocolate Covered Strawberry Greek Yogurt Tiramisu | Vitamin Sunshine
24) Pear Cookie Crisps | Healthy Nibbles & Bits
Crispy ginger oatmeal flax cookies topped with ripe bartlett pears, cranberries, and pecans. Drizzle a bit of caramel on top for some extra pizazz!
Hope you enjoy these!